[DWJ] branding books (was What are you reading?)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Nov 4 19:31:35 EST 2009

On Nov 4, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Minnow wrote:

>>> Somehow "Jesus Shoes" sounds quite remarkably silly to me.
>>> Unreasonable I
>>> know, but there it is.
>>>
>>> Minnow
>>
>> There are things referred to, by some, as Jesus Boots.  They let
>> you walk on water.  It's sort of like having a small pontoon on
>> each foot.
>
> Otter, you are simply trying to make my brain implode.
>
> What's more I don't think I even believe it.  Splatchers I can
> credit, if
> they could float the weight of a human frame, they wouldn't be
> shoes.  How
> do you swing your legs far enough apart to walk in something the size
> they'd have to be?
>
> I thought Jesus boots was simply a clever way of saying "sandals".

Well, I've seen them, though it's been 40 years or more.  They
were fairly big, like big snowshoes, and thick and had slanty
bits on the bottoms to make directional travel possible.  They
were made of something relatively light, though I'm not sure
what that would have been.  They were _not_ easy to use.

And, courtesy of Google, I now know what a splatcher is.

War would end if the dead could return.

                                  -- Stanley Baldwin