[DWJ] branding books (was What are you reading?)

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Nov 4 14:59:35 EST 2009

>> Somehow "Jesus Shoes" sounds quite remarkably silly to me.
>> Unreasonable I
>> know, but there it is.
>>
>> Minnow
>
>There are things referred to, by some, as Jesus Boots.  They let
>you walk on water.  It's sort of like having a small pontoon on
>each foot.

Otter, you are simply trying to make my brain implode.

What's more I don't think I even believe it.  Splatchers I can credit, if
they could float the weight of a human frame, they wouldn't be shoes.  How
do you swing your legs far enough apart to walk in something the size
they'd have to be?

I thought Jesus boots was simply a clever way of saying "sandals".

Minnow