[DWJ] Classic books

Wed Nov 4 12:13:38 EST 2009

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:11:57 -0500 (EST), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>16 years of privately funded education in which I was totally
>known as the English nerd and got report cards sent home which
>castigated me for reading too much, for years of being University
>English major, and in the final semester of my final year of
>being an undergraduate English major, that book was the first
>book to drive me to Cliffs Notes.I just couldn't manage it.

My husband loved it.  I think he said it was the only book he was assigned
that he read for pleasure.  I don't get that.  Some day, I suppose I'll have
to read it.

>my classics to be read list includes:
>Moll Flanders
>the tale of Genji
>democracy in America
>invisible Man

I just bought _Invisible Man_ and I have to make sure it doesn't get lost in
the shelves and forgotten before I read it.

>... my god, guys. While I was web searching for books to see what
>else I've forgotten about that really resonated with me to add to
>all of these lists, I hit this link:
><http://www.academictermpapers.com/catpages/catl14o.html>.
>
>I knew sites like this existed but I think I need to go hide in a
>corner and cry now.

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.  That's just...I don't have words.
It makes me seriously angry.

Melissa Proffitt