[DWJ] branding books (was What are you reading?)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Nov 4 09:30:38 EST 2009

Actually, I really liked as a child that all the Shoes books were
branded together in the United States, because they actually were
distinct series. All of them happened in the same world, the
world containing the school, even if they happened to different
people over different generations. They all happened in the world
which contained the Fossils.

This distinguished them from other books which were sold in the
United States as_A Vicarage Family_ or_Ballet Shoes for Anna_ or
_A House in Cornwall_ or the Gemma books, and made it very easy
for me as a child reader to know what I was getting.

-deborah