[DWJ] What are you reading?

Ehsan Roudiani es at historicalfact.com
Wed Nov 4 02:55:31 EST 2009

On 4 Nov 2009, at 00:20, Beck Laxton wrote:

> What a perfect thread to get us all talking again! Has anyone else
> had the thought that they ought to keep a book diary the way dieters
> are supposed to keep a food diary? I have no idea how many books I
> read in a week, but I suspect it's more than I think...

I tried for a while, but always got behind and could never be bothered
to keep it up. I sometimes have a fit of enthusiasm and update my
books read on the facebook apps that show what you're reading, or my
profile on bookarmy.com, but it never lasts.

> I read a children's book by Phillip Reeve called 'Mortal Engines'
> which was rather vivid and fabulous, though not quite as convincing
> as DWJ. What are the sequels like?

Just as good, just as dark (or darker), and I'm very impatiently
waiting for the prequel to come out in paperback because I've got too
many books to have any hardbacks. His other series, which starts with
Larklight, is for younger readers and more fun and much less dark.
Here Lies Arthur is also a cracking read.

Ehsan.