[DWJ] What are we reading?

Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:27:14 EST 2009

I am high on a wave of Vorkosigan glee!
At the moment, any book that can send me skipping and humming around
the house is classifiable as medication.
Damn fine books.
I've just read Borders of Infinity and Brothers in Arms, and am
progressing chronologically through the series.
Thank you, God, for Bujold and Miles!

On another note, I recently read Markus Zusak's 'The Messenger'. While
'The Book Thief' will remain one of my favourite and beloved books,
I'm afraid the only reason I didn't throw this one against the wall at
the end was because it wasn't my book. I reached the conclusion when I
finished it (in one sitting) that the only type of book worth staying
up late at night for was a Vorkosigan. There are probably a few
others, I know, but I won't be reading another Literary Novel for a
while... I have to recover. Maybe I'll read a Heyer next, or
something. At least with Heyer and Bujold you know it's going to have
a roundly satisfying ending!

In terms of Worthy Books, my favourite is still Jane Eyre, and other
ones I adored were The Tennant of Wildfell Hall, Villette (not cheery,
but worthy), North and South and Middlemarch.

Happy reading, everyone!

:)
Aimee.