[DWJ] Classic books

Kathleen Jennings kathleen.jennings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:34:18 EST 2009

I always think I don't like Dickens, and then am surprised to find
that I do, and how much I do, and how all the characters are tied up
so neatly at the end.

My most recent was "Our Mutual Friend". I had the advantage of having
seen the BBC miniseries (always helps to be reminded there is a story
there, plus - Paul McGann!), and I just had to settle back and move at
the same pace of the story, but I loved it! It's a wonderful tale, but
there were some very surprising moments - electrical wires and
heroines carrying their wounded heroes to safety and a constant Little
Red Riding Hood motif.