[DWJ] Classic books (was What are you reading?)

Dorian E. Gray dorianegray at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:07:12 EST 2009

Jane said...

> Can't face Dickens though - I'm convinced by
> never having read even a sentence that I won't like him!

Oh dear - that's rather unfair to poor Mr. Dickens!  I'll grant you he wrote
some unreadable books; the only reason I didn't throw "A Tale of Two Cities"
across the room in disgust was that I was reading the Project Gutenberg
edition.  But I really enjoyed both "Nicholas Nickleby" and "Bleak House".

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
dorianegray at gmail.com
http://dorianegray.livejournal.com

"Mr. Crossley is glad-eyed. He thinks everyone should be upright and
honourable and interested in Geography."
- Diana Wynne Jones, "Witch Week"