[DWJ] What are you reading?

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Nov 3 05:36:45 EST 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 20:16 deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> I'm curious what people are reading.

Erich Kaestner in German (Der Zauberlehrling at the moment) and vintage
mysteries: I'm on a Freeman Wills Crofts binge. His people are so *real*,
and it doesn't all have to be fast and smooth like modern murder mysteries--
pages and pages where nothing whatsoever happens except people getting to
know and like each other.

I've also acquired a Device, a Nokia n810, and I've put some free ebooks on
that to read on the bus when I go to visit my old ailing father (every other
Thursday, twice as often as before he was in hospital a few months ago).
George Macdonald, more Crofts, Pride and Prejudice, and one very bad fantasy
novel by (I think) Urpo Lankinen which I deleted before I'd finished reading
the first chapter. Reading on the bus is slow, reading very small letters on
a very small screen (I haven't found the enlarge function yet; don't know if
the reader software has it, because the button that usually enlarges is co-
opted for 'next page') is slow, and it's only an hour each way so I'm not
making much progress :-)

  Irina

--
Time flies like a banana.