[DWJ] Classic books (was What are you reading?)

Jane Scarlett mail at janescarlett.com
Tue Nov 3 02:40:59 EST 2009

I've been trying to read one classic book a month, mostly from those
littering my shelves which I've either never read or read way back in school
days.  Not sure about life changing, but I'm hooked on George Eliot, and in
particular Adam Bede and Middlemarch (and not The Mill on the Floss, which
was the only one I read in school!).  Also enjoying Jane Austen, loved the
use of language but found Jean Genet hard going, lining up Joseph Conrad for
next, and then maybe Trollope.  Can't face Dickens though - I'm convinced by
never having read even a sentence that I won't like him!

Jane