[DWJ] What are you reading?

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Nov 2 18:50:04 EST 2009

Deborah pointed out

>I've been trying to debug with problems for a couple of people,
>in one thing which keeps coming up is "I'm not sure if my
>subscription is fine because there haven't been any posts!"
>
>And it is true! We are being so quiet.

and suggested we discuss what we arereading.

I don't think that what I am reading at the moment is exactly suitable for
discussion: *Bad Science* by Ben Goodacre.  It's very interesting, but not
much to discuss, since it mostly contains matters of fact that you either
accept or you don't.

For light relief I'm re-reading the Sword of Knowledge trilogy.

Moving house incrementally means that I am cut off from practically all my
library, which has already gone to the new des.res., and may yet read
volume Lor to Mec of the 1910 11the edition Encyclopaedia Britannica, that
being where I left off at the age of fifteen...  Now I have inherited them
from my father it seems a shame not to make the most of it.  It's that or
the Riverside Chaucer.  :-)

Minnow