[DWJ] What are you reading?

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Nov 2 14:16:25 EST 2009

I've been trying to debug with problems for a couple of people,
in one thing which keeps coming up is "I'm not sure if my
subscription is fine because there haven't been any posts!"

And it is true! We are being so quiet.

I'm curious what people are reading. Me, mostly I'm caught up
with the materials I'm reading for class, but it's been so long
since we had a good general book discussion that I'm not sure
what we've talked about. I'm pretty sure we have never talked
about Jellicoe Road, and I'd really love to know if other people
read that one.

There are plenty of other places online where you can get people
talking about Hunger Games/Catching Fire or Liar or the other big
buzz books in young adult literature, but you guys are always
really good with discussions of other kinds of books as well.

I taught Dark Lord this fall and I think we had some good
discussions about it. Ironically, I think that book isn't the
most teachable, because its commentary is so very in your face,
at least if you have any other familiarity with quest fantasy
(and I find it the week after they read The Chronicles of
Prydain, so they did).

-deborah