[DWJ] The Treasure Seekers

Thu May 28 11:40:35 EDT 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:23:06 -0700, sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:

>Otter Perry writes:
>
>> I'm very fond of Nesbit, but can't - or I should say couldn't because
>> it's been more than forty years since I read them -- stand the books
>> with the Bastables.
>
>I didn't fancy them either. I think I resented them for NOT being fantasy.

I think I felt the same way.  I have this memory of waiting for the magic to
start, not realizing that there wasn't any--and you know what it's like when
you're expecting one thing and you get another.

My all-time favorite Nesbit is _The Magic City_.  I have this weird Books of
Wonder edition that at least has all the Millar illustrations, but I was
just happy to get a copy of my very own, just before we moved away from
Powell's forever <sob>.

Melissa Proffitt