[DWJ] RE :Fire and Hemlock - help please!

Dorian E. Gray dorianegray at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:37:05 EDT 2009

Minnow said...

> As I understand it those books were very carefully chosen by the author of
> F&H for their content.  Perhaps *The Little White Horse* doesn't quite
> carry the same message as *Henrietta's House*.

This is, in fact, overtly stated in F&H, towards the end - I think on
Laurel's train; Polly says something about not understanding and Tom says "I
sent you enough books about it."  So yes, there must be something specific
about "Henrietta's House" that "The Little White Horse" doesn't have, in
this context.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
dorianegray at gmail.com
http://dorianegray.livejournal.com

"Mr. Crossley is glad-eyed. He thinks everyone should be upright and
honourable and interested in Geography."
- Diana Wynne Jones, "Witch Week"