[DWJ] DWJ conference (was Fire and Hemlock - help please!)

Charlie Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:17:46 EDT 2009

Hi Katta
1. The conference proper will be taking place in D block, but the
accommodation will be in the Student Village on the east of the site (the
bit named after ranges of hills like Quantock, Brecon, Cotswold, etc). It
should all be signposted on the day, so don't worry.

2. Yes, you'll be given towels. This if from the brochure:

"The new Student Village which opened in September 2006 offers 1,932
en-suite rooms with internet access and tea/coffee making facilities. The
area is friendly and welcoming with on-site staff present 24 hours a day and
is safe and secure with swipe access and extensive CCTV monitoring. All
rooms are DDA compliant. Many of them have been specifically adapted for
guests with particular needs. Provided in all our accommodation are tea and
coffee making facilities and each study bedroom is provided with towels,
soap and shampoo which will be replenished during your stay."

3. It's always cheaper to book ahead with British trains, though they tend
to tie you down to a particular service which can be nerve-wracking if your
flight is late. But you have time to leave quite a margin. Anyway, the site
is here, if you choose to do it that way: www.thetrainline.com. The station
you want is Bristol Parkway, not Bristol Temple Meads (which is the main
Bristol station).

I hope that's some help?

Charlie

Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk