[DWJ] The Treasure Seekers

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed May 27 00:56:05 EDT 2009

On May 26, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Minnow wrote:

> Terrific writer.  I loved *The Magic City* best of all, and *The
> Railway
> Children* next after it, long before the film made that popular and I
> didn't want to see the film because I was sure it would spoil the
> book for
> me.

I'm very fond of Nesbit, but can't - or I should say couldn't because
it's been more than forty years since I read them -- stand the books
with the Bastables.

"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience.
  Our problem is that people all over the world have obeyed the dictates
  of their leaders and have gone to war, and millions have been killed
  because of this obedience...Our problem is that people are obedient
  all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation and cruelty.
  Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of
petty
  thieves, and the grand thieves are running the country. That's our
  problem."

       --- Howard Zinn