[DWJ] Fire and Hemlock - help please!

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed May 27 00:53:06 EDT 2009

I like Kim a lot and reread it every couple of years.

The Man Who Was Thursday I ran into -- oh, I guess I was
at university [or, as I would say it, 'in college'] although it
might have been sooner.  It's totally wonderful, if you ask
me, which you did not.  [Oh, yeah.  Timeframe.  That's
more than forty years ago.]

I haven't previously encountered
The Napoleon of Notting Hill and now I'm going to have to
find it.

I've also read Perelandra, The Thirty-Nine Steps, and most
recently, The War of the Worlds.  [A by-product of 1)seeing
the movie The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen [dreadful];
2)reading the graphic novels [a total surprise]; and 3)feeling
the need to read some of books to which the novels refer.]

Somewhere I think I have the Oxford Book of Ballads, but
it's in a box, so who knows if I'll ever see it again.

As far as I know [although I've read Fire and Hemlock once,
I've never been able to get through it again], I have never
so much as heard of Tom's Midnight Garden, although I must
say it looks interesting.

I have to disagree with the prevailing opinion of The Treasure
Seekers.  I found both books about the Bastables horrible.
I think the children are psychotic.  They certainly have an
extremely defective grasp of the consequences of their actions.

The true political spectrum is not right to
left, but top to bottom.

                         - Jim Hightower