[DWJ] Reader question, pliz

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Tue May 26 04:46:23 EDT 2009

Me again, still chugging on with my Reason to Write book. I'm doing a bit on
adults who still read children's books for pleasure.

About books by DWJ (or other writers, if you have other favourites...)

Do you feel more connection/friendship with the CHARACTER(S) or with the
AUTHOR? I mean, do you see the characters as being offshoots of their
author, or do you love (say) Polly or Mig or Howl while feeling nothing
particular (except gratitude that she wrote books) about DWJ?

Also, would you agree/disagree with the following statement.

Characters known in books and still loved are my friends. Part of the appeal
is that they will never let me down and will never change.

Thanks a million

Sally O from Tassie