[DWJ] Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell [the audiobook]

Helen Schinske hschinske at aol.com
Wed May 6 14:09:58 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Otter Perry" <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com>

> confronted with the _daoine sidhe_ he pronounces the words
> as spelled [and he is not someone who can read Irish].
> "Sidhe" comes out as "sid-hay".  Okay.  _That's_ indefensible
> ignorance.

Oh, that's terrible. How could anyone NOT know that that was a phrase to be
looked up before you tried to pronounce it? Surely they do more than one
take for a professional actor's reading? I could *maybe* see this kind of
thing being let go when it's a volunteer reading for Books for the Blind or
something like that. Not when they're paying someone.

Helen Schinske