[DWJ] Horse fantasies

Jackie E Stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Tue Jun 23 22:48:49 EDT 2009

oooh, no I haven't, but I just went and looked her up and her books look
interesting!  I'll have to check them out.

When I was about 17, I fell in love with K.M. Peyton's horse books, Fly
By Night and The Team, and devoured them in the library when I should
have been working and then grabbed up the "next" book in what I thought
was a series... only to find out that the horsegirl had abandoned her
horses (just about literally) and was obsessed with a boy--and an awful,
icky abusive boy no less.  I was, to put it mildly, horrified.  I felt
sullied.

A bit tangential, I suppose, but the covers of the Monica Edwards books
made me think of the Peyton books.

Erm.... any speculation as to whether or not dwj read either author?
(can't think of a better obDwj, I'm afraid).

Jackie