[DWJ] Horse fantasies

Helen Schinske hschinske at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 19:18:22 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jackie E Stallcup" <jstallcup at juno.com>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [DWJ] Horse fantasies

> It's funny how much you even become a kind of "in-group" reader--if you
> know horses, you can spot in a moment when a writer is faking it.
> Although (as far as I know) dwj isn't a fellow horsegirl, she does get a
> lot of the details right in The Pinhoe Egg.

Have you read any Monica Edwards? I assume she gets most stuff right, but
have no way of knowing.

Helen Schinske (who has sat on a horse while it walked around for a very
expensive half an hour, but that's about it -- I did keep my heels down,
just because I'd read about that admonishment so much, but sadly no one
noticed)