[DWJ] short complete quest fantasies

Jennifer Rowland janamouse at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:18:33 EDT 2009

Judith wrote:
> Lots of Australian horsey girls too, including one of my nieces.
> Never got the attraction myself.

The Silver Brumby series (about wild horses in Australia) were my favourite horse books as a pre-teen- who wants to read about Pam and Nibbles triumphing over snooty Claudia at the gymkhana, when you could have The Brumby stomping his father to death for control of the herd??

Perhaps this helps explain why I didn't really wanted to own a horse...

Obfantasy: Robin McKinley writes characterful horses, and has been a rider for a long time- I think the horses-like-bicycles in the Tough Guide are written by people who not only don't know any horses when they write, but also weren't horse-obsessed adolescents.
Jennifer