[DWJ] short complete quest fantasies

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Mon Jun 22 22:25:54 EDT 2009

> Are the horse obsessions of young females an American thing?
>
> Mark A.
I think they're a thing of young females who don't have any actual
experience of how much work it is to take care of large animals. I was
the only girl in fifth grade who didn't want a horse; I was also the
only one who had four living grandparents with two working farms.

My husband adds that during the Civil War, farm boys generally joined
the infantry; it was the city boys who formed the dashing cavalry regiments.

--
-Margaret Ball
www.flameweaver.com