[DWJ] short complete quest fantasies

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Sun Jun 21 07:04:40 EDT 2009

No no, I was perfectly aware of lifting the phrase from "The Hobbit". I
meant if you have a reference for where "there and back again" is used by
critics to describe a genre or sub-genre.

ObDWJ, all this has to do with my theories on "Howl's Moving Castle" and how
DWJ rewrites the conventions of "there and back again" stories, specifically
in reference to "The Wizard of Oz". That's what my presentation at the DWJ
convention will be all about, and there's a 9-page paper to go along which I
will gladly forward to anyone interested in reading it!