[DWJ] short complete quest fantasies

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 06:01:57 EDT 2009

2009/6/21 Farah Mendlesohn <farah.sf at gmail.com>

> 2009/6/21 Gili Bar-Hillel <gbhillel at netvision.net.il>

ps. There and back again, books is a recognised critical term :-)

 I'd also add in my own 'bracelet fantasy' in which the author keeps adding
adventures until s/he decides it's time to end them when everything then
gets tied up. The key thing about a bracelet fantasy, is that any individual
adventure can be removed without making much difference to the story.

Worth checking out, if people haven't, is The Great Good Thing, by Rodmun
Philbrick (not sure I have that right) which is a riff on Sylvie and Bruno
and has both the There and Back Again, and the Bracelet structures
perfectly, and is a really lovely text about reading as well.

Farah

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research
would it?" (Albert Einstein)