[DWJ] [Spam] Re: short complete quest fantasies

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Sat Jun 20 21:59:39 EDT 2009

 Oh, I thought no one else remembered The Great and Terrible Quest!  It's wonderful but definitely out of print and very hard to find in the online used booksellers.  That's a great description of that book.  Thanks for mentioning it.  As for short quest fantasies, over here in America there are ongoing series called Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance that repeat the tropes over and over again.  I never read them so I can't say if there's a good one book sample.  As for the Belgariad, what about those one book summaries like Polgara the Sorceress and Belgarath?  They retell the saga from the named character's point of view.  They are thick but fast reads.  Hmmmm.

Jenny