[DWJ] short complete quest fantasies

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 13:19:22 EDT 2009

The three of us have been discussing this - sometimes heatedly - for a while
and haven't come up with anything that's quite right at all.  But I think
it's worth mentioning Catherine Fisher's Oracle Sequence (Oracle Prophecies
or something in the US).  It's not totally secondary world, but mostly, and
it's not the most proper Dark Lord, but there is travelling - including to
the Underworld - the companions and Badness to be dealt with.   Becca also
suggested Lloyd Alexander's _The Arkadians_, which is almost a condensed
Prydain.

Hallie