[DWJ] short complete quest fantasies

Tina liril at gmx.net
Sat Jun 20 12:10:04 EDT 2009

Sounds a lot like some of Wolfgang Hohlbein's books (which I wouldn't
really recommend, even if they were translated :-)

Ah. Quick check shows, one of them even is, "Magic Moon"

 From wikipedia

"Kim is an average German schoolboy who hates math but loves to read the
latest copy of /Star Fighter/. His daydreaming life spirals into a
nightmare when his parents inform him that his little sister Rebecca has
fallen into a mysterious coma after an operation. A visitor from the
realm of Magic Moon, the wizard Themistocles, tells him there is only
one way to free her from the enchantment of eternal sleep: Kim himself
must travel into the land of dreams and save her from the dark wizard
Boraas, who has captured her soul.

So his next dream pulls Kim into Magic Moon, where he must fly a
spaceship, disguise himself as a dark warrior, fight dangerous monsters
and fantastical creatures, and journey ever-onward through forests and
mountains to the end of the world, only to find out that the answer to
saving Rebecca – and Magic Moon – lies within himself."

Complete with final battle Good vs Evil.

(I did like it as a kid. Only after three or four of his books, the
stories seemed a bit repetitve to me.)