[DWJ] short complete quest fantasies

Anita Graham anita at joli.com.au
Sat Jun 20 10:23:33 EDT 2009

It sounds as though you are describing the Belgariad to me, but that takes 5
books to do the whole thing, and another 5 to do it again.
Hmmm...my daughter has just unearthed Rhianna of the Wild Magic (Dave
Luckett, I think) so I'll read it quickly and see if that would suit.

Oh, and the Emily Rodda books - Rowan of Rin is the first - are fairly quick
to read, and have lots of repetitive elements; do you have access to them? I
wouldn't say they were early readers, but they would follow not long after
those.

The first time I read Tough Guide I thought it was a direct response to the
Belgariad.
Anita