[DWJ] Red Hen update

jodel at aol.com jodel at aol.com
Mon Jun 1 00:03:12 EDT 2009

Well, okay, jut to let people know. I have just uploaded the revised
'Beauty x 3 ' essay with the material on Chalice rolled in.

Most of it was run through here a month or so ago, so about the only
new thing was the pulling of the whole theme, or whatever into full
circle.

It was a Fire & Hemlock discussion here on the DWJ list (Lo! Many years
ago) that set off the whole Beauty discussion in the first place, and
in 'Chalice' McKinley seems to have completely dropped the (possibly
illusory) "dialogue" with Mercedes Lackey, and started echoing DWJ.
Because the more one looks at it, the more *precise* the parallel gets
between the climax/conclusion of Chalice and that of Fire & Hemlock.
It's almost *exactly* the same climax/conclusion as in Fire & Hemlock.

And I might not have noticed that for months more, except for Helen's
(?) comment! Thank you again!