[DWJ] Intro

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:31:10 EDT 2009

Thanks Minnow. Still holding my breath for the path report, but relieved to
hear that Diana has come through the surgery, even as nasty as it all
sounds.

Judith

2009/7/17 Minnow <minnow at belfry.org.uk>

> Charlie Butler wrote:
>
>> I took the Get Well card round to DWJ today, and she was very touched and
>> pleased. She'll be going into hospital this week, so please beam your
>> thoughts in the general direction of Bristol over the next few days.
>>

> My information, in a short phone call I made from Sweden, is that she had
> the operation for her lung cancer on Tuesday, and had the growth itself and
> one lobe of her left lung removed; this was followed by internal bleeding
> that was discovered while she was in the recovery room and required another
> immediate operation late in the evening to correct it followed by intensive
> care overnight, but by one in the afternoon on Wednesday she was back in an
> ordinary ward and being bullied by a physio about coughing enough.  Her
> husband said that she was better than he had expected after two invasive
> operations in so short a time, and another report via phone yesterday
> indicates that she is said to be recovering faster than had been expected.
>
> They haven't yet done the biopsy and so we can't know how malignant it all
> might be, but so far the crossed fingers all over the world seem to be doing
> the job, so it would be good if everyone kept them that way until she is
> definitely known to be out of the wood.
>

> Minnow (more relieved than words can say)

Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)