[DWJ] Intro

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Thu Jul 16 19:41:49 EDT 2009

On 12 Jul 2009, at 03:44, Mark Allums wrote:

> Are you on the Bujold list?  Can't remember if I have seen you post
> before.  If not, you should look it up.  Fair warning, though, it is
> fairly high traffic, and about 85% off-topic.  A lot of fun, though.
> And Ms. Bujold posts occasionally.

No, I'm not on the list, but I have browsed the archives occasionally.

Bujold and DWJ are rather similar writers in many ways - their clarity
of language, thoughtfulness, and awareness of the tropes of their
genre.  I've seen an approving DWJ quote on at least one Bujold book,
although I don't know whether Bujold's a fan of DWJ too.  I also can't
remember why I bought _The Curse of Chalion_ in the first place.  I
don't think anybody had told me to.  But I'm extremely glad I did.

	Eleanor