[DWJ] The Tans again..

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 07:35:04 EDT 2009

As some of you know, Charlie and I went straight from the DWJ con to one on
classics in children's lit (in Wales), so no time to write about the con,
which was brilliant.  (Nice to see you've joined the list already, Jameela!)

Anyway, a few minutes ago Charlie was looking at the fire notice on the door
of the room and said 'I like the Welsh word "Tan", which means fire' and I
got all excited remembering a long list discussion about the Tans in _Fire
and Hemlock_ and where the word came from, which never gave us this
connection, as far as I remember.

Back to the other con - more convinced than ever that all roads really do
seem to lead to _Fire and Hemlock_.

Hallie