[DWJ] author flirting

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 07:48:07 EST 2009

Joe:

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Joe <oddenda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Hallie! My son is 5 and my daughter's 18 months, so it's early
> yet
> for DWJ, but I'll be there when they're ready, foisting. (Actually I've had
> little luck foisting DWJ on children; I think maybe it's best to play
> hard-to-get. What do other people do?.)

I've no idea what might work for other people's children -- I just kept
reading constantly to my two, even when they were devouring books on their
own as well.  And luckily we liked, or sometimes disliked, the same books
most of the time.  Maybe that shared taste was payback for all the endless
rereads of the earliest picture books or maybe it was sheer luck!

Hallie