[DWJ] author flirting

J. E. Powers jepowers70 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 29 23:18:54 EST 2009

 (Actually I've had
little luck foisting DWJ on children; I think maybe it's best to play
hard-to-get. What do other people do?.)
+++++++++

I think "hard-to-get" is a good tactic - especially for 11/12 yr. old
children.  I convinced my son to choose THE GAME for his book group.  All
the kids in the group loved it, but he still says he disliked it.  When he
chooses books to read, I don't make any fuss about it one way or the other.
And if I see a book I think he would enjoy, I quietly check it out on my own
card and then leave it in the library bag.

-Jill~whose 8 yr. old still likes books that mama chooses!