[DWJ] author flirting

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Wed Jan 28 18:48:45 EST 2009

Thank you for posting that!  That really is fun and I love the title you
created for Hexwood!!!

> Neil Gaiman on Hexwood (aka the Tortured Assassin's
> Somewhat-Prepubescent Telepathic Aristocratic Bride):
> http://www.suberic.net/dwj/personal.html#gaiman

As for Harlequin, speaking as someone who used to read tons of
Harlequins, from age 8 to 25, I long ago stopped reading them because
they got too formulaic and I really wince at the titles they now sport.
Eeep.

I still read some Silhouette Romantic Suspense but that's about it for
the series romances.  They've gotten too locked into formulas.  It's a
shame because they provided a market for new writers to learn their
trade and a lot of very good writers started out there.  I don't know if
today's new writers can break out of this market without changing their
names because the books are so embarrassing!

Yours,
Jenny