[DWJ] author flirting

Kathleen Jennings kathleen.jennings at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:48:08 EST 2009

>> *proof of silliness: on the shelves now, I believe you can find
>> Harlequin's "The Sicilian Shiek Billionare's Pregnant Virgin Waitress
>> Mistress."  Or something along those lines.
>
> There is something wrong with me. I fnd myself wanting to read any book
> with that title, too... [grin]

I seem to recall some enterprising soul has put together a romance
title generator.
But many similar titles actually have quite respectable names in other
jurisdictions.

A&R booksellers were promoting Mills & Boons last year and sent out an
email with some real (and awful) book covers in it, including the
thrillingly-titled "The Greek Tycoon's Convenient Bride" (there were
all sorts of things wrong with that email:
http://tanaudel.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/titling-peeves-in-reaction-to-an-email/).

I've decided I like my romance incidental to a thrilling plot - a la
Heyer and Ibbotson and DWJ.

K.