[DWJ] author flirting

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Jan 28 16:11:59 EST 2009

I asked,

>> (Good lord, how old is he?  He *can't* have been in the field for almost
>> forty years!  For some reason I have 1963 as the year of his birth, and if
>> that's right he *can't* have got started much before the late seventies,
>> surely!)

and Farah checked:

>Wiki says 1960, so 13 when Wilkin's Tooth came out. His first work was
>published in 1984 when he was 23.

I have got him mixed up with Fox, then, from an occasion they were
one-upping one another about age.

>So I exaggerate, but not much.

Fair enough and true for you.  It just gave me a bit of a jolt thinking of
him as being old enough to have been in the biz. for forty years.

I mean, I know I am getting old and blind and deaf and a trifle ga-ga[1] but...

Minnow

[1] it's a quotation from (I think) an obscure children's book called *Ismo*.