[DWJ] knowing other fans

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Jan 28 16:11:58 EST 2009

Farah wrote of knowing fans:

>I' m more likely to remember them by their discussion interests. Minnow
>tends to do hotel, I tend to do programme :-)

In my case tended, tended.  I have sworn off.  For one thing, the
legislation requirements are too much for me to want to know about (and
sometimes incompatible, such that the disibility requirements conflict with
the fire regulations and you can't comply with both), and for another I'm
not actually well enough until I get over that blasted stroke properly.

I only knew that stuff because it was my job to, really.  Though I did once
scare someone on a train to a con by saying, when he gave his name, "oh yes
-- thank you for signing the cheque", about a cheque from three cons
before...

Minnow