[DWJ] knowing other fans

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 11:01:22 EST 2009

<<Oh, Farah, be fair: there are scads of fandom whom I know only by name,
face, address, dietary requirements and whether they are allergic to
feather-pillows (well, I did do hotel liaison for about eight years); there
are also at least three that I actively *don't* know, don't want to know
and firmly intend never to get to know or recognise if I see them...  :-)

Minnow>>

I'm impressed. I used to know a lot of the people in STAR TREK fandom, but now
 I probably wouldn't know most of them. And the people who buy books from me I
know (more or less) as 'Oh, this one is a costumer' and 'This one is a cookbook
buyer." Lord knows I don't remember the names, let alone the allergies...

Devra