[DWJ] author flirting

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Wed Jan 28 02:11:02 EST 2009

I don't think the phrase was meant pejoratively, and I don't think the
relationship requires explanation or justification. It's NICE to see Gaiman
and DWJ carrying on a sort of correspondence in the introductions and
dedications of their books. It makes me happy to think authors are
appreciating each other's work and influence, and I'm sure that's what most
fans feel. "Author-flirting" is a great phrase for that! I wish some authors
would flirt with me. (Of course, I'm not an author, so it wouldn't be quite
the same thing...)