[DWJ] Neil Gaiman wins Newberry

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:41:10 EST 2009

2009/1/28 Charlie Butler <charles.hannibal at gmail.com>

> 2009/1/27 Farah Mendlesohn <farah.sf at gmail.com>
>
> > >DWJ has read it. I don't know her opinion.
> >

> I'm sure I read (possibly on the cover?) a quote from DWJ saying she
> thought
> it was the best thing Gaiman had done.
>
> That's correct, Charlie, although typically, I can't just put my hand on my
copy--it must be at home. Garth Nix is also quoted on the British edition,
if I recall correctly.

Neil announced on his Twitter feed (after announcing it on the Today Show in
the US) that Neil Jordan will be directing a live action film of The
Graveyard Book. I'm very anticipatory of that!

Cheers,

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)