[DWJ] I've been kindled.

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 01:37:49 EST 2009

> This Kindling is an odd thing. It's on my To Find Out About list. How did
> it
> come about, Farah? EWas it your idea? The Publisher's? Amazon's?
>
> Sallyo from Tassie

For once I can answer this, as I had a call from the Kindle Evangelist team,
who want to come to Worldcon. Buy your new shiny there folks!

They approach both publishers and authors, but they are really targeting
publishers as most of us sign away electronic rights these days.  In this
case, they definitely spoke with the publishers who lacked the grace to
inform me. I noticed when I was checking the title of the book (as I can
never remember the really dumb subtitle they foisted on me: *I* wanted to
call the book _The Critical Fictions of Diana Wynne Jones).

I hope we'll see more of this. I don't have a kindle yet, but I have my eyes
on a Sony e-reader.

cheers
Farah