[DWJ] need a topic

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jan 15 22:11:27 EST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:57:35 -0500 (EST), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
>> Anyone read _the true meaning of smekday_?
>>
> Not yet.  I actually forgot about putting it on my list, so it dropped off
> my radar.

Okay, for all the people who need to be sold on Smekday, I offer
this little video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxkjIjxa2-Q

> Though I got far enough into it
> to realize just how much more mature a style Twain had developed by that
> point.  It's beautifully complex.

I should try Twain again.  I haven't read any in years.

> It was brilliant to be able to discuss levels of allegory with
> her, and then hear her compare current events or television shows with
> elements of the story.

That must be so much fun.

-deborah
--
You klingon bastard, you killed my son. You klingon bastard, you killed my
son. You ... Klingon ... bastard ... you ...