[DWJ] need a topic

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jan 15 22:04:35 EST 2009

No spoilers here regarding Twilight.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, Elizabeth Evans wrote:
> When I put the book down I didn't feel motivated to hunt out the sequels
> - has anyone read them, and are they worth reading?

I've read all four, and if you didn't like books one and two, no.
I really enjoyed the first two (while absolutely seeing all the
race, gender, and character development problems), but the third
is less good and more problematic.  And the fourth... I think
it's worth reading through the series to get to the brilliant
train wreck of book four.  It's almost awesomely bad.

I found the pacing of the earlier books to appeal to me, but I
enjoy paranormal romance as a genre.

-deborah
--
I never metadiscourse I didn't like.