[DWJ] need a topic

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 15 15:34:24 EST 2009

Oh, and I meant to say . . . one of the books I read over the Christmas
holidays was 'Twilight' by Stephanie Meyer. I wanted to see what all the
excitement was about. I'll put a space in here in case my comments spoil
the surprise for someone who hasn't read it, but I don't think I am
giving too much away.

I enjoyed the premise and the plot, but did get a little irritated by
the emphasis on the absolute beauty of the hero and by the unchanging
sweetness of the heroine. Maybe their characters are developed in the
later books, but in this book I couldn't detect much depth and
development of the characters. And the final plot twist was so
predictable it made me grind my teeth.
When I put the book down I didn't feel motivated to hunt out the sequels
- has anyone read them, and are they worth reading?

Regards
Elizabeth.