[DWJ] another introduction

Abena Poku-Awuah abenapa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 05:37:24 EST 2009

Hello,
I've been a silent lurker on this list for years so thought it was time I
introduced myself. My name is Abena and I am 27. I work as an environmental
consultant in North London (the English one). I'm not sure who my nearest
neighbours are, does anybody claim this?
I remember reading my first DWJ book quite clearly: I was 8 years old and an
avid reader of anything and everything. I happened to get caught out one day
on a long bus journey with my mother without a book and was quite, quite
miserable. Then, on the seat in front of me, I noticed that somebody had
left behind a copy of a book called Charmed Life. I read the first couple of
pages, was not that impressed, but was so bored that I picked it up again
and struggled on and loved it. I then scouted out the other Chrestomanci
books, read Hexwood and then the Crown of Dalemark series and have been
hooked ever since. For me, as well as being my absolute favourite author,
DWJ also introduced me into the world of fantasy, for which I am eternally
grateful.

I haven't had that much time to read lately due to life and other
annoyances. I still re-read my childhood favourites and have discovered
others over time, but would be grateful for any recommendations for fantasy
aimed at the adult reader.

Abena