[DWJ] another introduction

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Mon Jan 12 17:21:14 EST 2009

I am a school librarian in London and a dedicated reader of children's
literature. Not sure which was my first DWJ, but I suspect it was
Charmed life. I still like that a lot, but I think that Deep Secret
and its sequels have probably overtaken the Chrestomanci ones. My re-
reads depend more on what I can get at in our overcrowded house (books
in front of books, in piles on floors etc) than on which are my
favourites. I think the only one I was less keen on was The
spellcoats, though I liked it better the second time, and I have great
difficulty rereading Cart and cwidder, because I find it so sad.

I am grateful to the list for introducing me to Bujold and Whalen
Turner - finally read The Curse of Chalion (2-3 times), and am waiting
for The hallowed hunt to arrive.

Another purchase this Christmas was Cynthia Voigt's Tell me if the
lovers are losers, which I first read a long time ago and then lost -
or rather the library copy went missing! It arrived today, and I
couldn't wait to read it again - still enjoyed it, thank goodness. Is
anyone else a Voigt reader?

I have 3 daughters, all home educated, though they're all beyond
school now.

And I always sign myself EB, as that is what my husband calls me, so
it's a sign of friendliness rather than formality!

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com