[DWJ] another introduction

slwones at gmail.com slwones at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:03:03 EST 2009

I'm Suzanne, a librarian in my late 30s and I live and work just outside of
Boston, MA.  I'm a long-time list lurker who always enjoys the conversations
and book recommendations on this list.

Lili's introduction prompted me to respond because I did actually steal Fire
and Hemlock from a library. It was my high school library and just before
graduation I took it because I couldn't find it in a bookstore
(pre-Internet, obviously) and I was SURE no one in the school was worthy of
it. : )  My mother found it while I was in college and promptly returned it.
When she heard my reasons for taking it she introduced me to the concept of
bookstore special orders and a lifetime of spending too much money on books
was begun.
Dogsbody was actually my first DWJ but Fire and Hemlock is the one that put
me on the road to obsessive DWJ reading/collecting and which remains my
favorite.

Suzanne