[DWJ] another introduction

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Jan 7 17:40:57 EST 2009

>> >I'm from Lund, in the far south. I could give a better description of its
>> >geographical location, but that would require me being quite lewd. (Sweden
>> >isn't called the penis of the world for nothing.)
>>
>> I thought a lund was a puffin.  Is that wrong?  Or are puffins rude?

and Katta explained

>The word itself simply means grove. Though in Hindi it means erect penis
>(which caused some funny glances for comedian David Batra when he walked
>around India in a T-shirt that said "I love Lund"). And since I have
>completely failed to stay non-lewd, I might as well confess that what I
>meant was that if Sweden is a penis, Lund is right at the glans.

I am now left wondering from what language it was that we got Lundy Island,
and whence the Lundhund.  (Ask Roger about that extraordinary breed of dog,
I'm sure he can point to a website somewhere.)

In any case, puffins clearly *must* be rude, bless their multicoloured
little beaks, if they are lunds.  Oh, deep joy!

>My apologies to the list. :-)

:-)

Minnow